Hmmm. I like blue, don't I?
- I finished my first sweater - the Central Park Hoody.
- I knitted 24 hats, and gave 23 of them away.
- I caught the bug for viral knitting, and completed a Clapotis, a pair of Saartje's booties and the Drops Swing Jacket.
- I thrummed for the first time and made mittens.
- I cabled a pair of wrist warmers.
- I knitted a pair of earrings with wire and beads, on the day the pattern was published (3rd project on Ravelry, and one was the designer's!)
- I finished two scarves - one skinny, which took months; one chunky, which was started and finished on Christmas day.
- I knitted a corset top out of soy silk - favourite FO ever.
- I knitted a shawl, from one skein of LE Lion & Lamb.
- I STARTED a bag, my first attempt at lace with a mohair cardi, a digestive system for the science department and a scarf for Mr Z - which all lie languishing in the UFO pile.
That said, I cast on for a fishtail lace boob tube yesterday (no pattern link - it appears I was just in time because the link is dead!) I am knitting it from allhemp6, with a halter instead of a straight edge, and I hope to have it finished by my holiday in a month...we'll see. The hemp's quite hard on the hands and it's looking a bit crazy right now, but hopefully after 3 repeats of the lace pattern it will start to take shape; and a good blocking should get it looking shipshape. I am knitting to a different gauge and at 2 inches negative ease, so I am really crossing my fingers!