The end is in sight with the cable yoke jacket. In spite of barely putting a stitch on it this past fortnight, I added two balls to the length at knitting group/just after yesterday, by which point the body measured a generous 42cm to the pattern's 38cm. Now I am in the process of knitting the button band, which is done using the unusual method of keeping the body stitches live and knitting them together with the button band in the round. I don't even want to think about how many stitches I currently have on the needles. No pictures, because it is all bunched up.
Think I'm going to use these buttons for it:
They are quite heavy so they need a heavy knit. The pattern only calls for a few buttons at the top and, after much dithering, I have decided I will go with the pattern, on the basis that I can always add snaps at a later date if I want to.