Sunday, 28 August 2016
I started this the day we went to Italy and have been working on it off and on over the summer. Mostly off, tbh - it was too hot in SE Asia to consider working on it much, and I have been trying to read up on the Tudors ready for new jobs next month.
In spite of that, it is getting there. The gradient kit is from Moonlight and I got it at Wonderwool in April; it was meant for a particular pattern but, unlike the Wingspan kit, she did not include the pattern and I didn't like it enough to pay for it. I LOVE this one: like polka dots, almost. The grey is maybe a little on the dark side (it looks lighter in the picture) but other than that I really like how it is knitting up.
Naturally, there's a mistake. In the first colour gradient section, the final few rows should have been worked in the grey. I missed this: the pattern instructions says, "In CC1, work x repeats of pattern 1. Work one repeat of pattern 2. In CC2..." etc. So, I just carried on in CC1, missing the instruction contained at the start of the pattern 2 instructions, which begin, "In MC..."
I realised when I started the grey section, which was on the flight home from Singapore, and I was in no mood at that point to pull out the entire summer's labour. I quite like the way the gradients stack against each other, anyway; my only concern is that I will run out of the colours.