After many years of prompting us every Tuesday, Carole has decided to go monthly so I am trawling back through her old posts for this one.
Ten words that describe me, that begin with the first letter of my name
1. Sarcastic. Beats out all other adjectives to describe me by miles, I think.
2. Sassy. As a synonym for bossy: a quality I embrace whole-heartedly.
3. Sensible. I try to always weigh my decisions; but this is relative. I don't think Mr Z would agree with this one, for example.
4. Smart. Really I just have a very good memory, which makes me look smarter than I am.
5. Strident. Hopefully not excessively so, but I do like to press my point, especially when I think I am right (99% of the time, even after a number of embarrassing climb downs have proved otherwise)
6. Strong. I can deadlift my own weight, which is considerable. The first time I did this, I was relieved that I would be able to pull myself out of a hole if necessary (don't point out that this uses different muscles...)
7. Sneezy, especially this time of year. It's like having hayfever several months too late. Apparently it's mould spores, but I now have a running joke with the Head of Geography that it is her I am allergic to.
8. Smiley. I am generally a cheerful person, I think.
9. Sociable. I do enjoy being around other people, although as I get older I find I am slightly less willing to put up with people.
10. Stoical. Something else I work quite hard at: not letting things over which I have no control worry me. It works sometimes.