Sunday 25 June 2017

Weekend FO


Pattern: Edgartown Light by Alicia Plums
Yarn: Triskelion Heulwen DK - about 4 and a half skein for the 44". It's 70% Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere goat, 100% yum.
Needles: 4.5mm and 3.75mm
Mods: Since this was a test knit, I made a few:
1. I lengthened the body by about 3 inches, as usual
2. I added some increases when the body got to 8 inches - 2 at each side every 11 rows, 4 times, just to give myself a little more room on the hips
3. I finished the neck with an icord bind off. If (when) I knit this again, I will start picking up for the neck at the bottom of the V instead of at the shoulder. This time, I broke the yarn and rejoined it at the bottom of the V to start the bind off, because I was a bit concerned the stitches would pull at the point and throw off the line on the front. This is drapey and plain, so not very forgiving of weird quirks and lines.

The sleeves are also accidentally longer than they should be, as I was supposed to start the cuffs at 15 inches but, by the time I'd finished the decreases, the sleeves were already nearly 17 inches long. As you can see, they're not too long, though.

Loving my neckline work, even if I do say so myself.

This is absolutely lovely and will be toasty warm and comfy all winter. I am very tempted to knit it again in a cotton blend I have lying around from Wonderwool 2015.

No comments: