Although I think getting rid of it is a mistake in assessment terms, I am not going to miss coursework when it finally goes. In spite of having had it since Christmas I am still plugging away to get it finished. Hence the tardy post.
Pattern: Feathernest, from Interweave Winter 2014
Yarn: The delicious fivemoons Luna DK, in Squished Blueberry
Needle: 4mm, 5mm
Mods: I did extra increases for the hips - I think I was meant to do 2 lots and I did 4. I made the body longer - just kept knitting until I ran out of yarn - and did less ribbing than called for. I didn't fancy 3 inches of 1x1 ribbing around my widest part.
I realised fairly early on that this is essentially a ribbed jumper and was therefore going to take a while, but I am very glad I kept going with it. The fabric is very stretchy. I particularly like the neckline, which seemed to be too high until the sleeves were added. It's an unusual neckline choice for me, but it's more flattering than I thought it was going to be.
I tried out some new, non-hands-on-hips poses. Clearly I'm ready to leave teaching and pursue a career in catalogue modelling.