Finally finished! In less than a month, actually and with yarn to spare, astonishingly. Not much, though.
Pattern: Deep North by Alicia Plummer
Yarn: Fivemoons Diana DK in Roses and Lilies, most of five skeins
Needle: 3.5mm and 4.5mm
Mods: I added length to the body. I purled every row of the background to the cables instead of alternating knit and purl rows. I fudged the neck shaping so that the cable was incorporated into it (feeling very pleased with myself about how nice it looks).
I also added cuff buttons, because these buttons are a perfect match.
I wore it today (feeling a bit guilty because the designer very earnestly urges knitters to block before wearing...if I have to wait for it to dry from blocking it's not getting worn this side of the summer) and it is a lovely fit and extremely warm.
Now onto the linen I think. I actually had a dream about it last night, in which I went back to buy it but they had none left in the colours I wanted, and then I realised that was because I had already bought it. That'll teach me to stalk Ravelry projects before bed.